Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Vacation... finally!

Besides the occasional weekend getaway, my last actual vacation was in March of 2010 when my parents took me and the kids to Disney World.  John and I are thrilled to have a vacation planned!  My parents are going to join us in August as we head up for a week of relaxation and fun on the lake.  Plus I'm looking forward to spending time with family.  I haven't been up to my grandparents' in nine years.  I miss the tranquility that the small town provides and want the kids to experience it.  I hope they have a great time and have fond memories to cherish like I did growing up vacationing at Platte Lake.

We are very excited about the cottage we were able to book.  In order to avoid a week of restaurant dining and driving around, we are looking forward to eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at "home."  The waterfront deck has a gas grill and picnic table that will come in handy.  

Living Room

Front view of the cottage.  Zack is most excited about being able to fish, so being this close to the water will be great for keeping him nearby.

Considering this is the first vacation John and I have been able to take together, same for all four kids, I pray that the week amounts to everything I wish it to be.  Watch out Curtis; here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment