Standing at 5' 4" and 130 pounds, I wouldn't consider myself to be overweight per se, however, I most definitely consider my eating habits to be unhealthy and my body to be unfit. Finding the right balance has proved to be difficult as a divorced mother living in two homes 80 miles apart. Regardless, it's time to focus on myself and vow to become healthy and fit!
Challenge #1 is changing my breakfast habits. I don't traditionally like eating first thing in the morning and, more than anything else, don't want to get up any earlier than I have to. I have tried taking breakfast items to works; things like bagels, yogurt and Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. The main problem, however, is that I begin my workday at 9am and tend to wait until around 10am or so before actually eating anything; which doesn't appear to be helping my metabolism. I've been trying to make a conscious effort to eat breakfast before leaving for work. It's not easy though!
Challenge #2 is avoiding fast food. That is a pitfall both for lunch and dinner. With my time divided between two homes in two cities, I find it difficult to plan meals accordingly. It's even harder right now with the kids' demanding baseball schedules (luckily I'll be down to one out of four after tomorrow). Thankfully my mother didn't want to fall into a habit of eating fast food every night throughout the season and has been packing healthy dinners.
Challenge #3 is exercising. I believe this will prove to be the hardest challenge of them all. When I was going through my divorce, exercising was therapeutic; I also had a free athletic club membership from the apartment I lived at. Now that I've bought a house and eliminated the perk, I have stopped working out at all. Now, more than ever, I realize that I'm not getting any younger and it's my choice to do something about how I feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment