Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Lauren #1

John spent the past two nights in Hudsonville on medical duty, so the kids and I had a slumber party. As Lauren and I were settling into bed last night she says, "Mom, I want to keep you forever. How many days do I have until you're going to die?" It threw me completely offguard. What 5 yr old spends time thinking about their parent's death? Poor girl! I told her that no one knows when they are going to die but that I hoped to be here for a long time. Then two minutes later she started on a new subject. "Kids sure are fun. I'm only going to have one though, because when you have two they fight and when you have one they don't fight." I got a good chuckle out of it. But come on... her thoughts are way too serious. She's considering my future death and how many children she is going to have? What happened to worrying about avoiding boys because they have cooties and trying to decide which popsicle flavor to have today?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment